Wednesday 14 March 2012

Cathedral window pincushion

I'm not sure I'm in love with the baby quilt I'm working on - just really hoping that when it all goes together it will look good - what is that old saying 'children and fools should not see something half done'? I quite often get a bit dismayed in the 'half done' phase and the grey that has begun to appear in my hair suggests I'm not a child....

I distracted myself with a small cathedral window project. Ever since seeing Jacqui's fantastic cushion I have been tempted to try the technique. Kim has a great tutorial over at My Go-Go Life for pincushions. It was fun, but tricky in the centre - thank goodness for buttons is all I can say!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! Fabulous colours! I made myself a pincushion like this (when I discovered making an entire Cathedral Window quilt just was not for me) but I think it's disappeared into the kids' toy box!

    Hope you get to loving your baby quilt and it looks as beautiful as you hoped when you're finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pincushion is stunning! I really want to make one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of falling out of love with a project half way through. Luckily so far I've always liked the end result - hope your baby quilt is one of those!

    Love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your baby quilt will look fabulous! I can totally identify with the half-way point feelings. It always comes together in the end though! Love the cathedral window pincushion! I have always wanted to try it, but I always put it off! The orange and blues look fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you're no fool! Lol at that though, I'm the same way. Sometimes you just have to set it down and walk away for a bit. A pin cushion sounds like the perfect distraction! It's cute as a button :D

    ReplyDelete