Tuesday 20 March 2012

Quilting underway!

When I saw Karyn yesterday her square spiral quilting popped into my head as an idea for quilting my baby quilt. I came straight  home after school today and sat down at my machine and only then remembered that she is a hand quilter! Fortunately the quilt was small enough to manage because pivoting and fabric bulk had not occurred to me until that moment. I think it looks ok - for once my wonky straight lines will come into their own - I want the quilting to soften the overall look so I don't want hard perfect lines (in my dreams that mine would ever be described that way!)

6 comments:

  1. Great! Much quicker than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh great idea! Loving it so far :)

    I do the same thing all the time - get great ideas but don't think about how it'll all work with pushing/pulling all that fabric through the machine! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it works reaqlly well and looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilting - it is going to look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete