Tuesday, 5 June 2012
I have joined a Monday night modern quilting group. I managed to finish my homework tasks just in the nick of time before our meeting last night! First up was my 'electronic device' cover. I made a cover for my Kindle based on a pattern made up in my head. This of course led to a few choice words being used along the way as my measurements weren't too crash hot. My finished Kindle cover is in fact the skinny-jeans version of Kindle covers - fortunately as far as I know a Kindle can't put on weight.
I'm not sure if the second item was actually homework - maybe more like catch-up homework because I joined this group after they got going. Upon joining I was given a hardback exercise book and the suggestion it needed covering. I decided to try a little raw-edge applique which went ok, but I used Pellon for padding and my machine didn't seem to like it at all. Consequently the quilting looks like it has been done by a child. Never mind, at least it's no longer bright red shiny cardboard!