Tuesday 15 January 2013

Elephant Showers {a finished quilt}

Here is the quilt I made to donate to charity. I used Elizabeth Hartman's Scattered Squares pattern, which is available as part of her Inspired Modern Quilting class on Craftsy. I wanted to use fabric from my stash, including the elephant fabric which I bought ages ago for some reason, long since forgotten!



For both the backing and binding, I used fabric from good old Spotlight who have had some good sales recently. The backing is actually Christmas fabric, but I quite liked the little wrapped parcels and I don't think it shrieks Christmas.


As usual I wasn't sure what to do with quilting - I started off doing a double echo of the seam lines, then because the squares are quite big (5.5" finished) I decided to cross-hatch as well to give it more texture. I am warming to cross-hatching - have you seen this gorgeous quilt made by Adrianne? Even though I still don't love the quilting part of quilt making, I moan about it less in my head and I even manage to feel quite pleased sometimes when little quilty patterns emerge (totally unplanned of course!).




6 comments:

  1. I think the elephants are cool. Your quilting is so precise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt, love those elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fab quilt! Love the elephants! Perfect backing fabric too.

    Check out your awesome quilting!! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the elephants and the quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Cute little elephants result in a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when (occasionally for me) points and quilting align perfectly. It makes all the hard work worth it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete