Having finally decided to go with the light border and binding, doubts immediately set in.
I felt like the border was just a bit too wide. It made the whole thing look more yellow than I wanted. It doesn't look as yellow here in the photo, you'll just have to take my word for it.
I left it hanging up like this for a few days, then in a fit of pique chopped my binding off and a little of the border. Ouch. It still seemed wrong somehow. I decided I needed to try a stronger 'frame' using a different coloured binding. The ever helpful Coco was on hand to help with decision making.
This is what I settled upon.
You may recall that I want to give this to a friend. A non-quilty friend. I suspect this is the cause of all the angst. Crafters love what you make because they know the effort that has gone in to the finished product. Non-crafters...well, you just have to cross your fingers!