Thursday 19 September 2013

Charity quilt WIP

Although I planned to make a quilt featuring stars for my charity quilt challenge, at the eleventh hour I changed my mind. I saw this pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew and thought it looked quite fun.


I found it a bit of a challenge getting the blocks to look balanced with the bundle I had, so had to raid my stash for a few extras. It is looking a bit more intense than I imagined.


I quite like it though. It never fails to surprise me how fabric kind of takes on a life of its own when you start cutting it up and things often turn out differently to how you imagined they would. Or is that just me? Ready for quilting woo hoo!




6 comments:

  1. What!?! A fabulous colour combo. This is stunning. I have that pattern too. You have taken it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combo - it's gonna be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, that is quilt is looking fantastic. You have really made the colours buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! You're right about how fabric changes though - and then you add the binding and it looks different again! Mmmmmm lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete