Tuesday 8 October 2013

Keeping it real around here

I always look forward to the first Monday of the month when our Monday Modern group meets. It is informal and stimulating at the same time. Last night conversation got around to the topic of how many projects people have on the go at one time. I realised for the first time how much of a multi-project person I am in my hobby life. Like many people, my work life is dictated by tight deadlines and the need to always prioritise, finish one thing then move straight onto the next, so I think this is why I love doing the opposite in my down time.

So, in the interests of keeping it real -  a peek inside my work basket reveals two quilts waiting to be quilted,


quite a few blocks that represent half-formed ideas, or gone-off-the-boil ideas for bigger projects,


and problems that I don't yet have a solution for. Like these Tula Pink hexies and feature fabric. 


I lost my sense of direction with this and don't really know where to head. I suspect with TP less might be more. If I could find a great background fabric I think that might kickstart the project back into life, but the colours are a little tricky. White is definitely a no go - but  here so you can't see my manky carpet.

I have no sense of urgency to complete any of these projects, and lots of choice on any given day I have time to sew, and that makes me one happy little crafter!

10 comments:

  1. Goodness - the TP hexies are gorgeous. I haven't got any clever solutions for the background sorry - I think they look nice on the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to say! First - I'm the same with quilting projects. I thought I'd be a one project at a time girl, but I'm so not. I love variety and being able to pick different things up and have no pressure to finish anything. Secondly, awesome to see the Cuzco quilt nearly finished :-). And finally, I'm going to confiscate those TP hexies for negligent TP ownership. You wicked woman. What about the minty green with a white pin spot on it as a background. I'm sure that would be no problem to find in the perfect shade (hah!). Although I actually like to white too. And no mentioning my TP Which is waiting oh so patiently in my fabric boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your basket organisation! My WiPs are all over the place - literally ;)

    I may be completely off base but I think the TP would look fabulous with the feature print cut as a main rectangular panel and then the hexies added as a border of some kind (appliqued?). I quite like the white - it picks up the white in the other prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice of you to let us poke around in your baskets. For the lovely hexies, I'm liking the idea of something dramatic like a very deep burgundy solid or perhaps a dark charcoaly grey. Of course, I may be clinically mad. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those hexies. Keep going, and you will see something one day and think ' a ha!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a cool mint green would go well w the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the TP hexies! You must make some design decisions because I'm coveting them! How about a purple background?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have project boxes but their contents usually end up piled on my spare bed (and the floor obvs!). Loving those hexies - I think may be an aqua colour background?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have a lot of projects in the works, more than I care to admit! Can't wait to see what you do with those hexies. Have you considered a light grey for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hexies look amazing though! I need a 'work basket' very good idea!

    ReplyDelete