Sunday, 9 August 2015

Round robin #1

We swapped the centre blocks for our round robin at last week's Monday Modern meeting. I have to say, I was initially a bit stumped with the block I received, so it sat pinned on the wall for days while I thought about it.


I didn't think it lent itself to anything medallion-ish, so I googled some images for seminole piecing and decided to go with something along those lines. It is probably not exactly the thing to do to start with a bit of de-construction but that is exactly what I did. I just couldn't figure out a way to integrate it with anything else without taking the border off, especially as the fabric is different to anything I have in my stash. 


This was such a great exercise in thinking. I'm pleased with what it became especially as I just made it up as I went along.
After round one, my block which went to Robyn, looks like this:


I think it looks great - I can't wait to see what happens next month!

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I love your de-constructed piece... it's vibrant, with lots more added texture from your fabric & pattern choices. Looking forward to seeing the next round...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a great free thinker - I could never have come up with that. You've done a great job in adding lots of movement and vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with Catherine's block and there are no rules that say you can't rework things a bit. Putting the original green strips on the edges ties it all together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Medallionish'...what a great word 😆 Will be interested to see how these develop.

    ReplyDelete