Sunday 6 December 2015

Vintage Spin

I stitched my Vintage Spin blocks together over the weekend - I think we can safely say this is the last quilt top of 2015. I think I will get it long-armed even though its not very big (around 56"square from memory). All the edges are bias edges and I can just see things going horribly wrong if I try to wrangle it through my machine.


The colours are quite intense close up. I'm happy with the centre fabric I chose, its kind of there, but not really fighting with the other fabrics for attention.


Unexpectedly there were a few tidy points too. I used a fair few pins when stitching this together, it is so thrilling when sometimes it is worth the effort!


7 comments:

  1. Yes! You should be justifiably thrilled with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay another finish for the year. Looks great, love all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's some serious fabric selection going on there! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, love your fabrics and the centre circle blends in with all your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt was definitely worth the effort - it's beautiful. Colours and fabrics are delicious. I think your choice of fabric for the centres is perfect as it doesn't shout out and take attention away from the lovely fabrics in each block. Having it professionally quilted is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great finish Megan! Love your fabric choices, I can see the actual 'spinning' effect on a couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this blog in the New Zealand Quilter magazine so I've come for a look around. Very nice quilts, and you look like a nice lady in the photo too. Ha ha - well done.

    ReplyDelete