Thursday 1 September 2016

Gypsy Wife Section 9

Hello fellow Gypsy Wife people! How did you get on with section 8? I've just got the star block to do and then I can move on to section 9. My aim this month is to get fully caught up with my own quilt along!

I was really pleased to finally finish section 6 and get a good large section of the quilt put together.

I've now got a little collection of 'oopsies' on my design wall. I.e blocks that have needed a bit of adapting because I read the pattern incorrectly and made them the wrong size, or out-takes from earlier sections. I stitched the heart block without paying attention to the rest of the quilt and realised that I would have two blocks right next to each other featuring that berry coloured AMH fabric, so I had to make another. I'm not going to waste the original though, I will find a home for it in the quilt somewhere...


To keep myself sane I've been pottering away on a completely different project in the background. I have started making EPP blocks using Lucy Kingwell's pattern Smitten. I am enjoying the pace and being able to pick up some quiet hand stitching whenever times allows it.






3 comments:

  1. Your Gypsy wife is looking beautiful, I especially love the AMH floral heart on your oopsie wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've a collection of oopsies, too, that I was either resizing somehow to fit (adding borders), or I was finding another block of the same size I could switch it with in the quilt layout (like your heart block). But that's harder to do when your in section 9! Your quilt is looking lovely. Good luck with getting caught up. I'm hopelessly behind now and no sewing time in sight anytime soon. Soldier on! You're doing wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montre Rolex Suisse Pas Cher, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Montre omega Suisse Pas Cher, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete